Word Association Test (WAT) is the Second test at Service Selection Boards in Psychologist series, by this test psychologist, reads the personality which a candidate possesses. In this test, you will be shown a word and you are required to form a meaningful sentence using that word. On seeing a word there might be different ideas in your mind related to that word, but you must write the first spontaneous reaction in your answer sheet. The Time limit is restricted to 15 Seconds so that candidate is not confused with subsequent thoughts and give his first thought only.
No. of Words – 60
Time of each Word – 15 Seconds
You are required to complete 60 words, each word will be shown for 15 Seconds, and within this 15 Seconds, you have to record your thought in answer sheet provided to you. As stated earlier, this time limit has been intentionally shortened so as to ensure that the candidate gives his first reaction which comes to his mind.
To make you understand this test in a much better way, let us take a word a knife now a person who sometimes uses a knife to cut vegetable, might write that Knife is used to cut vegetable. However, a surgeon also uses a knife in operation so he will write the sentence in his own way and if one ever got badly injured by knife then one might write that knife should be carefully used. So, by all these examples we want to tell you that how greatly a particular word can help Psychologist to know about your psychology and personality.
For you, we have designed Sample WAT tests that you can practice on SSBGuru.com, but you must practice these tests you should not be a mere spectator if you are seriously planning to get recommended otherwise the choice is yours. You must take three A4 sheets and mark numbers from 1-20 at first, 21-40 on the second and 41-60 on the last one, also you should keep sufficient a gap between the lines (keep 2 lines for every word).
Before starting any test you must read the following instructions carefully.
Instructions for WAT
- This is again a test of imagination (Idea writing test) most commonly known as WAT.
- You have to write your answers on page No 7, 8 & 9 on your answer sheet.
- Write your answer in English/Hindi in the space provided on your answer sheet.
- After every 20 words, a 15 Seconds time gap will be given to you to turn over the page.
- Write quickly the sentence that comes to your mind first. Do not turn over the page until you are told to do so.
- You will be given 15 Seconds for Each word. Try to answer all the questions in the given time.
- You must not be in possession of any watch or any other electronic gadget.
Note – After every 20 words a 15 Second gap will be given to you, most of the candidates try to complete their left words, but you must properly follow the rules and don’t do this at this time is given to you to turn the page (do this if you can cleverly do it) if you are caught by Psychologist then you will lose much more than what you might have gained from that sentence and that too if you have written it correctly.