Indian Air Force invites application for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT 2 2013) from Male Indian Citizens for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Flying Branch Permanent/Short Service Commission in Technical and Ground Duty Branches of the Indian Air Force for Course commencing in July 2014 at the Air Force Academy, Dundigal, Hyderabad.
Get details about various course, Important Dates, Age Limit, Educational Qualification and Selection Procedure of AFCAT 02/2013.
14th Short Service Commission Course
85th Aeronautical Engineers Course (Permanent Commission)
57th Short Service Commission Course
Ground Duty Branches
136th Ground Duty Officers’ Course (Permanent Commission)
29th Short Service Commission Course
Flying Branch: 19 to 23 years as on 01 July 2014 i.e. Born between 02 July 1991 to 01 July 1995 (Both Dates Inclusive).
Technical Branch: 18 to 28 years as on 01 July 2014 i.e. Born between 02 July 1986 to 01 July 1996 (Both Dates Inclusive).
Ground Duty Branches: Graduates 20 to 23 years as on 01 July 2014 i.e. Born between 02 July 1991 to 01 July 1994
Post Graduates 20 to 25 years as on 01 July 2014 i.e. Born between 02 July 1989 to 01 July 1994.
LLB 20 to 26 years as on 01 July 2014 i.e. Born between 02 July 1988 to 01 July 1994.
M Ed / Ph D / CA / ICWA 20 to 27 years as on 01 July 2014 i.e. Born between 02 July 1987 to 01 July 1994.
Flying Branch: Graduates (Min. 3 year Degree course) in any discipline with 60% marks aggregate and have passed Maths and Physics at 10+2 lever or BE/B.Tech degree with 60% Marks.
Technical Branch: BE/B.Tech degree with 60% Marks or cleared Section A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers or Aeronautical Society of India or Graduate membership examination of Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers. Candidates should also fulfill condition given in Para 4 (a)/(b) as applicable.
Ground Duty Branches: Graduate Degree (Minimum 3 year course) with 60% Post Graduate, MCom/CA/ICWA with a minimum of 50% Marks.
How To Apply
Only Online Applications are Accepted
1. First of all candidates have to Register themselves on IAF Website Under Candidates Login column. Click Here
2. Fill Various Personal details asked on each page also keep your soft copy of Photograph and Signature. You have to also select one AFSB out of 4 AFSB in which you want to appear for your SSB Interview.
3. After completely filling the application submit the application to IAF (Indian Air Force). You will see Application Submitted to IAF notification on the home page of your account. It is confirmation that your application is sent to IAF.
4. Before few days form exam date you can Login to your account to generate your Admit Card for AFCAT 2 2013.
5. Candidates can Login into their account to see their individual marks in the written exam after declaration of result.
6. Do not send any document to IAF.
Cut Off Marks
Candidates are required to score minimum Cut Off marks in the written exam which is of Objective Type, the Cut Off will be fixed by IAF. Generally the cut off of AFCAT falls in range 140-150 Marks out of 300 Marks. Those who Score Minimum Cut Off marks will be then allowed to select their date of SSB Interview.
Online Application Start Date: 08 June 2013
Last for online Application Date: 07 July 2013
Date of Examination: 25 August 2013
Date of Result: 3rd Week Of September 2013
Admit Card Download: 27 July 2013 Onwards
Note – Candidates must carefully read the Complete Official Advertisement before applying.