|Screening||Psychology||GTO||Interview||Conference||SSB Boards||Academies||Written Exams||Current Events||Career||Merit List||Medical|
by SSB Guru
December 1st, 2013
Indian Air Force invites application for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT 1 2014) from Indian Male/Female Citizens for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Flying Branch Permanent/Short Service Commission in Technical and Ground Duty Branches of Indian Air Force for Course commencing in January 2015 at the Air Force Academy, Dundigal, Hyderabad.
Get details about various Important Dates, Age Limit, Educational Qualification and Selection Procedure of AFCAT 01/2014.
15th Short Service Commission Course
86th Aeronautical Engineers Course (Permanent Commission)
58th Short Service Commission Course
Ground Duty Branches
137th Ground Duty Officers’ Course (Permanent Commission)
30th Short Service Commission Course
Flying Branch: 19 to 23 years as on 01 January 2015 i.e. Born between 02 January 1992 to 01 January 1996 (Both Dates Inclusive).
Technical Branch: 18 to 28 years as on 01 January 2015 i.e. Born between 02 January 1987 to 01 January 1997 (Both Dates Inclusive).
Ground Duty Branches: Graduates 20 to 23 years
Post Graduates 20 to 25 years.
LLB 20 to 26 years.
M Ed / Ph D / CA / ICWA 20 to 27 years.
Flying Branch: Graduates (Min. 3 year Degree course) in any discipline with 60% marks aggregate and have passed Maths and Physics at 10+2 lever or BE/B.Tech degree with 60% Marks.
Technical Branch: BE/B.Tech degree with 60% Marks or cleared Section A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers or Aeronautical Society of India or Graduate membership examination of Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers. Candidates should also fulfill condition given in Para 4 (a)/(b) as applicable.
Ground Duty Branches: Graduate Degree (Minimum 3 year course) with 60% Post Graduate, MCom/CA/ICWA with a minimum of 50% Marks.
Only Online Applications are Accepted
1. First of all candidates have to Register themselves on IAF Website Under Candidates Login column. Click Here
2. Fill Various Personal details asked on each page also keep your soft copy of Photograph and Signature. You have to also select one AFSB out of 4 AFSBs in which you want to appear for your SSB Interview.
3. After completely filling the application submit the application to IAF (Indian Air Force). You will see Application Submitted to IAF notification on the home page of your account. It is confirmation that your application is sent to IAF.
4. Admit Card can be generated On or after 25 Jan 2014 by Login to your account with the same username and password which you used to fill application.
5. Candidates can Login into their account to see their individual marks in the written exam after declaration of result.
6. Do not send any document to IAF.
Candidates are required to score minimum Cut off marks in the written exam which is of Objective Type, the Cut off will be fixed by IAF. Generally the cut off of AFCAT falls in range of 140-150 Marks out of 300 Marks. However for AFCAT 02/2013 it was 116 Marks. Those who Score Minimum Cut Off marks will be then allowed to select their date of SSB Interview.
Online Application Start Date: 14 December 2014
Last for online Application Date: 12 January 2014
Date of Examination: 23 February 2014
Date of Result: 3rd Week Of March 2014
Admit Card Download: 25 January 2014 Onwards
Note - Candidates must carefully read the Complete Official Advertisement before applying.